I try to make a Frittata at least once on the weekend. Usually on Sunday. Some people follow exacting recipes to combine flavors. Me, I just use left over veggies from the week.
1 onion, diced
3 slices bacon also diced, or ham or some other fatty pork or breakfast meat that’s yummy
1/2 c parmesan cheese
1/2 c cream, milk or half and half
left over veggies- asparagus, spinach, bell peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, whatever you have in the fridge or cupboard
handful of parsley minced
1. Preheat oven to 350. Fry up onion and bacon together in oven proof skillet. I use cast iron.
2. While onion and bacon are frying, mix together eggs, cream, parmesan and parsley in large bowl. Add some salt and pepper. I normally add 1/2 tsp of both.
3. Add veggies and cook until all have been brought up to temperature.
4. Pour egg/cream mixture over veggies in skillet. Cook until bottom is set. About 2-5 minutes.
5. Transfer to oven. Cook until top is golden brown. It will balloon up. Wait for it.
6. Cut into wedges and serve. Alone for breakfast or with a salad for lunch or dinner.